Saturday 2 August 2014

Day 14 & 15 - WiFi free days, but we more than coped. #45daysofsummer

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten my blog in all the fun we've been having! This post will be a double dose to catch you up on the past two days here in Deutschland.. Not too long because I know my last post was a long one and there'll be plenty of pictures!

Highlights from the day 14 & 15 of my #45daysofsummer:

  • Exploring Tübingen with Anna and Freddy and buying cute little bread boards, which everyone seems to use instead of plates here! 


The old Town Hall.

Outside a castle entrance.

  • Fun drive to Schorndorf (despite traffic), refusing to give up speaking German when ordering my food in McDonald's even though after my first sentence the guy spoke English to me (give me a chance, buddy, please.)
  • William Fitzsimmons, live in concert, not only playing his beautiful melancholy music but coming out to perform his encore in the middle of the audience RIGHT NEXT TO US. Like literally, in front of my face, and he played an acoustic version my favourite song of his right there too. Have a listen to Passion Play - I did video the performance but it's on my camera so you'll have to wait til September for it!
Had to take a photo of my camera screen to upload this one, but this is how close he was to us!!!

Up on stage doing his thang. 

  • Brunch with Mr Frohnmayer, after 4 years of not seeing him! Another quality German meal, tour round his house and good catch up with an old friend! Also met his mum who is wonderful and really funny! Drinking my way through a Mass (literally the word for a massive glass) of Leitungswasser (tap water - this has been our word of the week!)

  • Arriving in Konstanz to spend our last couple of days with the lovely Bekky. Her mum made us Calzone (from scratch! Amazing!) And then a walk along the lake side with ice cream and time to catch up and just hang out!
Calzone!


There are way better pictures of us on my camera, but this is the easiest to upload! 

Beautiful lake, setting sun...

No comments:

Post a Comment