Saturday 16 August 2014

Gospel Choir Concert, sábado el 9 de agosto. #45dayofsummer

As I said I would, here are some pictures from the concert that we did last weekend!

I still haven't found a copy of the video but may be able to get a copy of the audio. Either way, if and when I find it, I will post it up here :)

I shared Lluna's book for the week during the practices. These were the songs we did! Recognise any? It was fun to learn some in Castellano, but I'm greatful that many were in English because I would have had a real hard time remembering all the lyrics!

Marta drove us to the castle (it wasn't a palace like I thought, but it was well impressive anyway!). She has a white convertible Audi, we drove with the roof down and arrived in style (with slightly dishevelled hair).

The walk from the car. The castle grew on the horizon as we walked through the busy streets, past fairgrounds and night stalls, cars parked in the middle of the walk way..

This was the set up.

Quick pre-concert selfie infront of the castle. Obligatory. (Nata, Jenny, Eli and me).

Milling around getting ready. Ahh it was so exciting being a part of this!

Esther on the drums. She doesn't smile.

With Betsy. We didn't really know each other here but she helped me remember the melodies (which I forgot frequently at this particular concert because my body was absolutely ready for bed when we started the concert at 11pm, and my brain refused to function fully.) 

Another selfie. We had time. And my nexus. Had to be done. Sunset in the background (atardecer en español)

JP (juan-pablo) was on guitar (incredible guitarist!) and Guille on bass. Guille plays loads of instruments (also saw him playing violin and drums very very well, assuming there are more) - he's one of those people who seems to be good at everything!

Esther across the way. Starting warm up here (calientamiento). As we started singing, the crowds began to grow. Not sure how many were there - my guess is a few hundred. Many seated, many standing, some who came for a while, some who were shouting 'guapo!' (handsome!) at some of our guys who were performing and also some of the group from the camp who weren't part of the performance. Overall, the performance went so well. I had more energy on the previous night, but this was the finale so it felt like it meant more! Whilst there I thought, I need to get involved at a choir at home but I'm not sure I have the time. I'm so glad I can be part of the Earls staff choir at least, so I get to experience a bit of it :) just love to sing! And the challenges of new harmonies, following the music and the director, and remembering the lyrics are really good! 

Post-concert (obviously couldn't take any during it!) But these girls were wonderful and we were all buzzing afterwards! I even look quite brown here stood next to them which is unusual! Must have been the flash of the camera...

Kathlynn, my gorgeous american buddy who is fluent in Spanish and helped me so much during the week. Miss her!

Esther always spoke really fast, and has a really (really!) strong accent so I barely understood anything she ever said to me. But we were still friends and it started with me 'killing' her in the game earlier in the week, only to discover I got the wrong Esther (there were 3). It didn't matter though!

More selfies. Why not?!

Ha.

On the walk back to the car, the castle was all lit up and shadowy. So beautiful. 

So there's a bit of an insight of the evening! This weekend is looking quite different but that's for another post!


No comments:

Post a Comment