Monday 11 August 2014

Day 24 & 25 - Let the crazy begin. #45daysofsummer

WELL... The week ahead is already looking TOTALLY different.

It's a camp for kids aged 10-17 to learn football and English, so has a really different feel to the last camp. I am not only helping as a cleaner, but also as an English speaker and I have also been promoted to Monitor, which means I have a group of 5 girls who I'm responsible for during the week. This means chatting with them about the devotional, making sure they're speaking English, have everything they need for activities, are brushing their teeth, getting enough sleep etc.. Their names are: Elena, Matilde, Marina, Esther and Maria! They are lovely but it feels like a big responsibility, particularly with the language barrier.

The Brazilians are also here - a huge group of them! - and they are here to coach the kids in football during the day and help out the rest of the time.

Meal times are going to be in English (at least, that's the intention!) and the campers will spend 3-4 hours in the morning in playing football / training, before spending the rest of the day at the pool and camp. While this probably sounds like a bit of a vacation, we have to be with them for most of this time and when not, we have cleaning duties or preparation for activities etc.. So it's going to be a full on week! The schedule is so full and we are only at the house that has WiFi for 1 hour a day (for group games!) So I will have very little time to write but I will do what I can and next week resume posts as normal! Today, instead of going to the football sessions, a few of us stayed at the camp to clean and do some prep so I have found a tiny bit of time to write now but the kids get back in about 15mins so I need to head off!

Well needed cuppa before everyone arrived yesterday!

Cut out, drew and coloured in almost 60 little footballs today!

Have already learnt the memory verse from today.. Philippians 2:3 about humility!

I also managed to take loads of pictures at the concert the other night (which was fantastic although started at 11pm, so I was absolutely shattered!) but when I get a moment, I'll be sure to upload them!! :D there's also a video floating around on Facebook somewhere which I will try and find & post! Right, off for lunch and then its siesta time! Hurray for time in the schedule to nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment