Tuesday 22 July 2014

Day 5: Have you ever travelled south of the Equator? #45daysofsummer

Well, where to start today?! It has felt jam-packed with goodness!

Let's go chronologically as that makes it simple!

Raspberry orange muffins were the first thing I thought of when I woke up this morning (although I can honestly say that's not a normal thing for me, to wake up with baking on my mind...!) But that was an easy way to get me out of bed quickly... Here's the result of my efforts:


Nom nom...

Mom and Matty have both eaten two each, so they must be good! And not only have I ticked off another Summer Project activity, I also put to good use the raspberries that Dad and I harvested yesterday and had way more mix than I expected so made 21 muffins and have been able to share them with people :) bonus!

The afternoon saw Chloe and I heading to Starbucks for a sophisticated lunch in the sunshine, and then a trip to... (wait for it...) COUNTRY BASKETS! Felt the need to capitalise that as it was such a fun visit!! Neither of us had been before, but think I may have found my new favourite shop! We spent at least a couple of hours wandering the aisles and trying our best not to make unnecessary purchases (which for the most part, worked very well!) but it's just so cheap and there are so many pretty things there! Hurray for craft shops and friends with similar (potentially geeky) interests! (Not calling you a geek, Chlo!)

Then, after a quick rush round Merry Hill (holiday shopping now complete! Yes!) I got to hang out with some of my favourite young people for the rest of the summery evening starting at McDonalds with Hannah for some inspirational conversations, and then at the annual Resound CAL BBQ (Thank you Morgan family!).. Naturally this included way too much meat, vegetarian jokes, lots of selfies, the water game (not sure that's what it's called but it's a game involving water!), the 'Gareth Bale' game (sadly this game doesn't actually involved Gareth Bale as one night expect), and general all-round fun times.

Us three on the right are all vegetarians. Subconsciously we felt the need to sit together..

The Gareth Bale game.

Lovely Beth (who was overjoyed this evening upon being asked if she was 19!)

So Day 5 has turned out to be another scorcher. Thankful for these Summer days and for the community I am a part of that is so rich in love and joy.

Interesting fact of the day (thank you Hannah & Aisha for this): I have never been South of the equator. I think. I tried to go through all the countries I've been to in my head and I'm pretty sure I haven't. I can also understand that how interesting this fact is, is totally subjective but I wanted to share it in case it enlightens anyone else. I felt enlightened when I realised. And now have a new goal for travelling: at least one time, I'd like to travel south of the equator and be aware that I'm doing so. 

Another random something.. I recently bought Bethel's latest album 'We Dance' and have been listening to it non-stop when I'm in the car. It's a quality album, and worth a purchase if you fancy a Spirit-led, spacious style worship set that's lyrically creative and fresh. I think I could go through each song on the album and talk about what God is saying through it, but I want to highlight just a couple for now. 'You make me brave' is on there, which I blogged about last week. 'It is well' is in another league altogether and may even get a post of it's own at some point as well as has meant a lot to me recently. But another stand out song for me at the moment is 'Shepherd'. Wanted to share it so you can have a listen. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xMW-O9GB-UY Enjoy and be blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment