Thursday 24 July 2014

Day 6: Slowing down, I've got all Summer.. #45daysofsummer

Well the moral of the story today (or this week) is to stop eating out as I have been feeling rather full..!

However, in weeks like this, when I get the time and space to slow down and catch up with friends and family, it is usually over coffee & cake or at a meal time, as having food together is a very social thing. And so we'll overlook it this time! But definitely need to consider other social activities to suggest when meeting with people!

I quite enjoyed having an admin morning first thing today and now I'm basically packed (and within the weight limit!) and all the paperwork is printed and organised! So all that's left for me to do is slow down (even more, as this week has been fairly full already), chill, read, sunbathe, eat, hangout with people.. Which is essentially what I've been able to do today. Today has seen some rather deep and profound conversations about Prison Break, Grey's Anatomy, hair accessories, summer reading lists (all important things to discuss at this point in the holidays!), but equally some lighter topics such as compromising, trusting God, the book of John, and missionary stories.. Rich and diverse and keeping me thinking!

But grateful to have some more time to carry on reading Her Daughter's Dream by Francine Rivers (recommended read!) and think everyone should read at least one Francine Rivers book this Summer and be inspired! Even got a bit of a cuddle from Missy while I was reading (although I wonder if she just thought I looked like a comfy place to nap).
                                                   

Here's the recipe for the muffins I made yesterday by the way, as they seemed to go down a treat! I'm sure you could substitute the raspberries for another soft fruit if they don't take your fancy. This makes approx. 20 muffins (plenty to share!) and since they contain two types of fruit (almost) they can surely be considered healthy?!

Or go to http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/raspberry-orange-muffins-recipe.html (in case the picture isn't that good!)

One more thing to share this evening! Ooh as well as the fact that I harvested one of my little courgettes today (perhaps prematurely!) but it was delicious and so cute! Have lots more growing on there too, will upload a picture tomorrow - the plant has well and truly flourished and seems to have exploded in terms of growth over the past week! BUT, that's not what I wanted to share. Look at my pansies!!! Grown from seed and have taken a few months but we finally have some smiley little flowers :) and I'm so happy I got into see them before I leave for my travels. 



On that note I'll wish you all a smiley Thursday, and leave you with the encouraging thought that sometimes it takes a long time for good things to grow, but it's worth the wait!
Goodnight!


No comments:

Post a Comment