Monday 28 July 2014

Day 10 - Flying, cute music and time to reminisce. #45daysofsummer


Well folks, we are here in Germany and our trip has started pretty darn well!

We haven't been able to get WiFi yet but hope to rectify that today. I am currently sat in a flat in Münster with my dear friend Corinna (who just woke up) and my other dear friend Jessie (who is still sleeping), on a laptop with a German keyboard so the keys are in funny places and I may spell things wrong - please forgive me!

I'm going to give you a quick, bullet point overview of our day yesterday due to time and tiredness and sadly there will be no pictures on this post (although we did take lots last night!) as I can't upload the but will sort that at a later time!

  • The clouds on the flight here were AWESOME! Gutted that I had stowed my camera up in the hold so couldn't take any pictures but take my word for it. 
  • We (I) had a a small spell of travel sickness as we got off the plane in Germany. All I can say is that the German's have very aptly placed toilets, and I made it just in time! :( my poor tummy. But I'm all good now!
  • Apparently you can't get a stamp in your Passport if you're from an EU country. I did ask the kind German border man nicely, but he replied, quite nicely "this is not possible." OK then.
  • We have hired a beautiful little Ford Fiesta, which we have named Fifi. She's very stylish and her in-built SATNAV has been super helpful already! We haven't got lost yet :)
  • We arrived at Corinna's in one piece and it was soooo good to see her! After a small tour of her cosy little flat, we moved swiftly to find some dinner and get to a local bar, where her friend was playing a gig. We met lots of Corinna's friends, I ordered drinks at the bar in German (somehow ended up with more drinks than I  asked for... but at least I tried!) and I do have some photos of the venue and of Fefa (Eva, who's gig it was and Janne who accompanied her - that's their band name). We bought their CD and some little postcards they had on sale. Very cute. Very lovely start to our adventures!
 Arrived at Corinna's

The concert we went to

Fefa performing

 Us with Eva.
  • We went from there on to a local lake and had a slow walk around it, until after midnight (dirty stop outs.. I know!), taking in the beauty and sharing our stories from the past 5 years. That's how long I haven't seen Corinna for! But as we were sharing, Corinna mused over how great it was to be able to talk about the last few years, now they are all finished, sharing the good times and the bad and being able to look back knowing that despite what difficulties might have happened, there were some real highlights too and not only do our stories continue but we can also see God so clearly making a path for us through life..

Jessie and Corinna on a bridge by the lake.

Wow, already. Thankful for an incredible start and for the strong friendships I made in Canada that last despite time and distance, and that can be continued in real time this week..Sending love! And hopefully pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment