Saturday 26 July 2014

Day 9: Let the Twinny adventures begin #45daysofsummer

I said bye to mom this afternoon after Japanese food together at Mount Fuji in Birmingham.





One train from New Street and one from Peterborough later, I arrived at St. Neots to stay with Jess and her folks.

Everyone, this is Jess.

Jess and I at our Commissioning service in Texas, 2009.

Here we're at a Christmas party together later that year - I'm stuffing my face, as usual.

In case you haven't met her before, Jess and I met in Texas in 2008. After two weeks intense training, we flew to Canada with a group of other passionate missionaries to serve the young people of Vancouver in schools and churches across the city. We spent two years on team together before I headed back to the UK to go to uni. (If you're interested to know more about the Pais Project, the organisation we were a part of, click here).

Jess said I was "so annoying" when she first met me, "because [I] always had something to say during out small group time but would never say it." However, she also said this changed quickly and I "soon opened up [my] trap". Haha! But all this didn't stop us becoming friends. Best friends in fact. And soon we were referred to as the twins... 

Four years on, and we are making a trek across the channel to Germany to visit some of our Deutsch friends that we made whilst in Canada:


Corinna (top right), Ruthie & Waldi (bottom left & right respectively), on Vancouver Island.

With Anna (Annschoen) & Bekky (Bekkschoen) at another Christmas party. 

So, the adventure begins here! And I'll be sure to upload to recent pictures of us all so you can see how we've changed over the last 4 years!
Ahhh I'm so excited..!!!! Night folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment