Thursday 24 July 2014

Full of coffee & topping up the tan. Day 7 of #45daysofsummer

Well I'm feeling slightly frustrated (understatement) because I just wrote this post out and moved off the page to upload pictures and came back to find it gone :( boooo..

BUT, it's been a great day and we're now one week in to the break..!

I am feeling well and truly coffee'd up. Plus I have a tan. This is a good thing. I still expect to stick out like a sore thumb in Spain, but at least I can continue browning nicely in Germany now that I have a base layer.

So today's catch ups were with two lovely friends of mine. I so love being able to spend time with people in such different life stages to me, finding out things we have in common and sharing with each other about the things that we don't have in common but all the while enjoying their company and being blessed by their friendship.
I have come away from today with some deep and challenging thoughts that I shall ponder on for a while, feeling uplifted and encouraged and excited as I look ahead to what is to come! I'm particularly thankful that I was also able to talk from what God has been speaking to me about recently, in order to bring encouragement and comfort. 2 Corinth 1:4 talks about this - how God gives us comfort when we face troubles, that we may then be able to bring comfort to those who need it out of the comfort He first gave us (lots of 'comforts' in there but surely that's not a bad thing!). How wonderful to think that God is willing to use us in this way :)

I also came away from today with a Spanish bible to take with me to León (thank you so much Linda!) as well as a bookmark on my web browser for The Diary of a Nobody. This is something I am very excited about! A comic novel, written in the late-1800s about the daily life of a London clerk and his family and friends. Random, witty and definitely worth a read. I've already read a couple of entries and will pop back there every so often to see how he's getting on! Check it out for yourself: http://www.diaryofanobody.net
My Spanish New Testament

Thanks to Linda for this as well!


Now, the sun is slowly sinking down... And I'm heading off because this is about to be watched.
(Not all of it.. Not now at least!)
See you tomorrow!!
Oh and I did say I'd post a picture of my blooming courgette plant. Avid gardeners, any advice or does this look like its doing OK?

No comments:

Post a Comment