Saturday 19 June 2010

Time to Say Goodbye

Why is it so hard to say goodbye??

I'm pretty sure I'd be fine if I could just go about life here in Canada, get on the plane back to England on Tuesday and then continue with life as normal in the UK on Wednesday... No goodbyes. No tears. No reason to think about potentially never seeing these amazing people again. Or at least not seeing them for a couple of years!

Don't get me wrong, I like reminiscing. I love that I have sooo many fantastic memories that I have to sit and think a while to recall ones I've stored away. And I'm not afraid of the emotion that's awaiting me, when I finally board the plane and wave a tearful goodbye to my Canadian family. I know it's coming!

But maybe it's just the finalisation of actually saying the word and embracing the change. Maybe it's that goodbye has such weighty connotations. Like that I seriously may never see this person again. When, in all seriousness, I have no intention of never seeing them again!
I like to think that life isn't so black and white.
Goodbye is merely, see you again sometime. Maybe not soon, but sometime.
Yeah. That's better.

But it's still not easy.

Things I'm thankful for today:
~That I have people to say goodbye to here in BC.
~And people to say hello to when I get back to the UK.
~an Omnipresent God.
~7 year olds who like swimming, and who love to learn! :)
~Sun Cream

No comments:

Post a Comment