Thursday 24 June 2010

Long Flight Home

Pondering on the last few days I've had, and a lot of people have asked me how my flight home was.
Well it wasn't bad...
But I've had better. And I'm leaving the airport shenanigans out of it.

I don't like the window seat on airplanes.
I don't like the centre seat, either.
Fussy, I know. But I just prefer an aisle seat.

I like feeling free to stretch my legs out, or use the bathroom when I feel like it.

Well anyway, I got seat 20E. The centre seat in the centre aisle of seats..
And unfortunately, the seat by Mr. 'I-hate-long-haul-flights-about-as-much-as-I-hate-talking-to-strangers-and-I-hate-it-even-more-when-strangers-keep-getting-up-and-sitting-back-down-or-fidgeting-while-sitting-next-to-me'.
OK so, I'm a bit restless when trying to settle in on a long flight, and I like to make sure I have everything to hand and not stowed in the over-head bins so I don't have to disturb said Mr. any more than absolutely necessary).

The seat to the other side of me was occupied by a guy who slept the entire 11 hours. Amazing.
Now I like to think of myself as a good sleeper; I can fall asleep pretty much anywhere, for a decent amount of time too. But this guy was incredible. Only, his nap-time meant I had to ask the first Mr. to get past.

Well anyway. I didn't get as much sleep s intended, but I at least managed to read a good majority of Cecila Ahern's Thanks for the Memories, as well as goodbye cards from some of the girls back in Delta.

It was a long but successful flight home.


No comments:

Post a Comment