Tuesday 15 June 2010

Growing Up

I started monday morning in the office, clearing out my stuff, tidying, throwing out, packing away etc. Mission Accomplished.
Office emptied, I took my box and walked through the church corridors savouring the last time I'd do that...


I then drove to see some good friends of mine in Vancouver. To hang out. To say goodbye.
My 10-year-old as-good-as-sister, Taylor greeted me at the door with open arms and the widest grin! It's been 4 months since I saw her last, and could be as long as 3 years until I see her again.
Her hair had grown so much since February, but she's still as petite and graceful as ever.
We ate chips, made music and played in the garden while her mom was out. So much fun :)





But I think 10 years old is a difficult age.
You're too young, and too old at the same time. Too young to be a teenager, to be responsible. Too old to play role play or imagination games with your 5-year-old kid sister. Too clever and yet too immature. And so misunderstood.
But Taylor is beautiful and passionate. She dances and reads and likes to learn. She knows what she loves, and she's finding her niche in life.
She's growing up.
I'm so proud of her.


No comments:

Post a Comment