Friday 21 January 2011

To Live is Christ...

...to die is gain.

Paul meant that.

I often think, when I read this passage, if I were to say this out loud, would I actually mean it?

It says, in the next couple of verses (vs22-23): Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! I am torn between the two"

Paul genuinely tells us, that he can't decided what he would rather do - whether to live to proclaim the message of Christ and encourage fellow believers in 'The Way', or to die now and be with Jesus himself, no more pain, suffering, chains etc...

Paul is a dude.
I've said that before. And he absolutely is. He's an incredible role model.
His life and death are saturated with Christ.

One day, I want to be able to stand up and say, hand on heart;
To live is Christ, to die is gain.
Philippians 1:21

No comments:

Post a Comment