Saturday 1 January 2011

MMXI

It's twenty-eleven.
Happy New Year, my friend!

This is my first post of the New Year and I'm quite excited about this coming year!!
I have four resolutions, which I suppose is to make up for me not making any resolutions over the past few years.
And if I don't succeed at all of them then I don't mind, I'll be happy I tried.

1. Pray often. Inspired by the character Hadassah in Francine Rivers' novel Echo in the Darkness. She prays all time. I want to do that. I want to know God more and I know that a sure way to grow a relationship is to talk to the other person. So I'm gonna try :)

2. Give more. I have been so incredibly blessed to be raised in a rich country, and to always have way more than is necessary. My family is comfortable. We have all we need to survive and way more. I am seldom in need of anything. And if ever I am in need, it is satisfied almost immediately. I want to bless others like I've been blessed, and give out of the plenty that I have. I want to trust God to provide, and be a vessel through which He provides for others.

3. Stop biting my nails. I try this all the time. Lets see how it goes this time...

4. Blog some of the stuff I wrote over the past couple of years. In November I blogged a reminder that I would do this:
Anyway, so I'm blogging this as an official reminder that in the New Year, I want to post some of (not all of!) my old pre-blog writings. Coz some are quite funny, and creative! Others are quite raw and deep.
But all of them are a testimony of how far I've come, how good my God is and how much He has done in me over the past 12 months.

So this is how I'm gonna do it.
E.g. Something I wrote on January 9th 2010, I shall post on January 9th 2011... exactly 365 days after writing.

So here's to a New Year of new things, of the continuation of old things, of a fresh season of life, and of the next chapter in the book of life that God is writing with me.

God Bless you all this year, in all you do. And may you bring glory to Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment