Saturday 28 May 2011

Today

I'm not gonna write much coz I'm about to watch 'How I met your Mother' (thank you Freya and Dave Gilbert...) but wanted to share, very quickly, about the day I've had and the amount of things I managed to fit in to the last 16.5 hours of my life.

Here goes.

- 2 hour exam on New York. Wrote 2 essays. Finished first year of University. Boom.

- Lunch with Maddy. Discussed many important things, put the world to rights etc.etc. Ate lunch in Comus. YUM and cheap. Bonus.

- Practiced songs with James for the lovely Fran Clarke's wedding that's coming up in September. Starting to sound good (if I do say so myself)

- Found 45 minutes to sit and rest (thought that wasn't gonna happen today). Spent a pretty little time with God and read the end of Acts - don't know how I haven't managed to do that before today but actually love Acts. Paul is such a dude.

- Learnt to speak HTML. (although I'm not fluent and Shuker would be the first to remind me of this). But basic HTML then. Like, level I for beginners. I can change the font on the CU website now, OK? And made it pretty colours. That's basically all that matters, right? (p.s. thank you Gavin for teaching me, and Becca for humouring me. LOL)

- Feedback sesh with some of the Exec about the Christianity Explored course we've been running for the passed few weeks. Fed back (that's usually what happens at these meetings). Some good stuff learnt!

- An hours chill time with Miss Becca, mostly trying to decide what to wear and how to fix my hair for that evening. But lovely still. Also experienced Becca giving her first piece of fashion advice (what shoes I should wear with the outfit I eventually chose) - she made a very good decision.

- Spent the evening eating home-made curry and wonderful desserts at the Gilberts' with Becca, Abi, Nadine and Tamsin (as well as Freya and Dave!). Put the world to rights again. The conversation covered new music - the best way to combat the burn of a spicy curry - christian music - abi's amazing dress sense - Kendall Payne - rob bell - chapel ball - American Idol - American X-factor - Greenbelt - Glastonbury line-up - the student diet - Dave's awesome iPod playlist - the Harry Potter party - who wins: Matt Redman or Tim Hughes? - wedding dresses - weddings in general - hair styles (for chapel ball) - the girl out of Enchanted - Einaudi - who is Matt Damon (honestly, Nadine....) - How I met your mother - Fake eyelashes - Dying ones eyelashes (this bit freaked Becca out more than the wedding dress and hair styles convos) - etc.etc.etc.

- lovely bus journey back with the twins

- Home now and about to have my first ever experience of How I met your mother - I have high expectations now because I've been warned that it is very similar to Friends. But I have been persuaded that it is a successful friends-wannabe sort of sitcom and that I will like it and potentially love it.

Here goes.......


No comments:

Post a Comment