Friday 20 May 2011

Season 8 Summary. (Because I can and I want to)

I watched The One with the Tea Leaves tonight.

Friends just never gets boring for me.
It's so good, I laugh out loud when watching, even if I'm on my own.

And I've come to realize, lately working my way through Season 8, that it is by far my favourite one.


I don't think any of the other seasons are so deliciously crammed full of excitement and life changing events as this one!
For the most part, Chandler is my favourite guy, and if I were a friends character I would quite obviously be Monica (mostly for the OCD streak). My favourite girl at this point is Rachel; aside from having amazing hair, and a very convincing fake pregnancy glow, she's just lovely. She's less winy and more chilled and did I mention that she has amazing hair?

The first episode of the Season is the denouement of Monica and Chandler's wedding, they both say 'I do' and of course everyone is happy! But then we find out that Rachel is pregnant with Ross' baby, and there's The One where Rachel Tells... And Ross freaks out for like a week. Eventually he gets over it though and again everyone is happy. Ross and Mona get together (holiday card, mix tape, key to his apartment ensue pretty rapidly). And then there's Brad Pitt's guest appearance (nuff said). And Joey's attempt to eat an entire Thanksgiving turkey... Soon after this, Joey takes Rachel on a date and ends up falling in love with her (- Joey in love is like the cutest thing ever btw. Ever.). Chandler takes a 'man' bath. Ross and Mona break up, because she 'goes away for a week and comes back to find that her boyfriend's pregnant ex-girlfriend [rachel] has moved back in with him' (this is so Ross doesn't miss anymore of the pregnancy.) Phoebe buys the Ms. Pacman game for Monica and Chandler. Rachel's boss tries to buy her baby although not really because Rachel just made that up so she and Joey would have something to talk about (Rachel's hair looks great still btw, and actually at this stage Phoebe's hair looks really good too.)
And that's where I'm currently at, but there's still some good bits to come (Monica's speech at her Parents 35th Anniversary, the baby shower and the numerous episodes that cover Rachel's seemingly never ending labour...)

Oh Friends.
You never get boring.
Well done to whoever decided all this excitement should occur in just one season.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment