Sunday 5 December 2010

Less of this 'negative groove', man...

A lady I know who writes the most beautifully eloquent and colloquial blog spoke my mind today;
"The needle of my thoughts is stuck on a negative groove these past few weeks.."
Mine is rather 'days' but still.
I'd like to change that.
Starting now.

Three things I'm thankful for?
- Christmas Quizzes. Because it's almost Christmas, hurray! And my quiz team is amazing. It's made up of all (nay, some) of my newest friends and even when we find it boring (every week) we still love it.
- People who pray for me, even when I haven't asked them to. It's amazing enough to know that my God is with me everyday, everywhere, and that He knows my in-most thoughts and feelings (and yet He still loves me!) but it's also amazing when you get a text with a simple "thinking of you today", and I know how bad my day has been... I love that God prompts other's to pray for me, and care for me even though I'm not around.
- Trains. Going home next weekend, and I'm really looking forward to it. I haven't seen my little bro in ages, and I miss him. I can't wait to hang out with mom, and show dad the songs I'm playing on Saturday night. I love my family so much. I'm so thankful that there are trains which can bridge the gap between Stoke-On-Trent and Birmingham in just 47minutes (plus a 40minute bus at each end). But that's way shorter than long-haul flight from YVR.

I am blessed.
I am thankful.
Thank you LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment