Sunday 8 August 2010

The grass is the same shade of green!

I've been so busy over the past six weeks, since returning to England.
I've been out for coffee, dinner, movies, walks, drinks, picnics, car journeys, adventures..
I've potentially seen more of this country in the past month and a half, than I have in my entire lifetime! ...Bristol, Cheddar, Newcastle (Geordie-Land), Northamptonshire, Cambridge, Stoke, Newcastle (the other one)...
I've caught up with old friends, and I've made new ones.
I flew a kite, I abseiled, I went on an open top bus, I read more books, I led amazing people in worship before an amazing God, I took photos, I tried to cook, I learnt two new ways to braid hair!

I have been BUSY. And I'm having one of the most awesome summers of my life, probably.
But you know, the grass is always greener...

Even though it's not.
The grass is the exact same shade of green here in England as it is in Canada.
It's just a different type of grass here.

I'm being honest, I suppose the emotion I've been feeling in the past four or five days is jealousy.
Just a tiny pang.
It's a feeling of not wanting to have made the wrong decision.. of not wanting to miss out on something that I could have been a part of.. not wanting people to move on without me, make new memories without me, have too much fun without me..!

Even though I'm moving on, making new memories and having loads of fun without them...

Jealousy is selfish. It makes me selfish.
That's not cool.

I'm praying that God would remove this feeling and replace it with love..! And then fill me up with trust in Him. Because I know that in Him I will and do have an abundant life.
A life with green grass, the same shade, no matter where I am - as long as I'm walking with Him.

Psalm 23:2 "..He makes me lie down in green pastures.."

No comments:

Post a Comment