Thursday 7 April 2011

Lost In Wonder

OK so I'm uber excited because I recently re-discovered my favourite ever worship album (and I'm blogging about it whilst it's uploading to my iPod).
I'm not sure where it came from, it's be AWOL for a few years now but somehow it ended up in my car's CD case, I think when driving up to Burnley a few weeks back.. which meant a couple of hours of good music! Hurray!

Martyn Layzell - Lost in Wonder

It feels really quite old school, but apparently was only released in 2006.. my concept of time is a bit off I think!

And you know those albums that start off amazing with the best and most famous songs, and then as the tracks progress, they get worse and worse?
Yeh, this isn't one of those albums. Every time I listen to it I actually have the thought, "Oh yeah, I forgot this doesn't get boring - every song on this album is amazing!"
And then I get sad when it reaches the end so I usually listen again (hence the 2 whole hours of joy on the way up to Burnley in Feb!)

ANYWAY:
-if you've never heard it
-if you're looking for some awesome songs to praise our awesome God with
-if you appreciate seeeriously good harmonies (not quite as epic as Casting Crowns harmonies, but just as great to sing along to!)
-if you're all or none of the above
you should totally listen to this album and just try it out!

This is just my opinion, of course.
But I hope you get a chance to listen, and enjoy it as much as I do, and worship our Saviour while you're at it :)

Psalm 147:1
Praise the LORD.
How good it is to sing praises to our God,
how pleasant and fitting to praise Him!

(Even at half past midnight - it's always fitting to praise Him!)

No comments:

Post a Comment