Thursday 17 March 2011

New brothers :)

I got a text from my friend the other night saying:
"woahhh the amount of Christians I know on campus just doubled!"
Sadly not because 40 people came to know Christ that night, but because he got introduced to another group of Christians on campus.

Tonight I had the same experience.

Enter, Jesus Jam.

Never before have I seen such energy and passion for the LORD, in praise and worship and through study of His word in a student setting.
And my brothers and sisters here welcomed and embraced me, and taught me how to high five / low five (whatever) properly!

But before I go further, let me start at the beginning of today.

As I prayed and spent time with God this morning, I text some of my JJ (Jesus Jam) brothers with a verse and told them I'd be at their meeting tonight! One reply I got was 'Amen.. and God willing, we will see you tonight!"
:)
Praise the LORD for His will. I hoped I would make it!

At that point in my day, though, I didn't realise that today would be one of the most difficult and exhausting days of my Uni experience so far.

But my God is good. And in all I do He sustains me (Psalm 3:5).

After everything, I was so blessed by being at the JJ meeting this evening.
I am so thankful it was God's will!!

And I am thankful that God was truly at the centre of all aspects of this evening.
I saw love and encouragement in everyone there. We had fun together and the words shared were edifying and we spent time in prayer and pouring over pages of our Bibles soaking in the scriptures.
They don't have words up during praise and worship so I didn't know the lyrics to most of the songs but I remember one of the lines we sang declared (something like) "Even when trouble comes my way, You will be with me. Almighty God, You are my all in all."

There was so much truth in those couple of sentences. I saw that truth earlier today. Trouble comes, yes. But my God is Almighty and He is with me and He is all I need.

After the meeting, as they packed down, they sang in harmonies, more praise to God. Everyone helped out. And a bunch of my newly-found-family even walked me home.


When the body is in working order, it is so beautiful to watch in action, and it's so beautiful to be a part of it.
"..God arranged the members in the body, each one of them, as he chose.." 1 Corinthians 12:18

Thank You LORD, for the family of believers that is here at Keele.
May we continue to work as a body, in unity and for your will and purposes!
Don't let us hide our light, don't let us keep your love to ourselves.
But may the love we have for you and each other, overflow and spill out on everyone we see through out the day.

Amen.
(and goodnight!)

No comments:

Post a Comment