Wednesday 20 October 2010

Coffee?

You know how certain smells bring back memories?

I recognised that familiar, musty smell of not-that-freshly-brewed coffee as I walked down the stairs. I heard the busy hum of people buzzing around meeting new people, discussing the talk, saying goodnight.

It was comforting. And exciting.

I felt like I could have been back at home.
Walking out of church after the Sunday service, past the coffee shop, surrounded by friends and loved ones, passionate and inspired as we step out in to the world that still needs Him.
Message heard. Response made. Lives changed.

I felt like I could have been half way around the world, heading up to the Peter's kitchen. Some Timmy's brewed an hour past, waiting to wake me up, before the day ahead brought to-do-lists and meetings in a job I love, bible studies and devotions with friends I love, crazy games and car journey's with youth I love, and a late night ended with a simple prayer to my God, whom I love..

It's the smell of servant-hood and joy.
Of hope, passion and inspiration.
Of family and familiarity.
It's the smell of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment